Two Zeta Omega Sisters as Top 10 Miss.Florida Finalists!

This year the Miss Florida Organization celebrated it's 80th anniversary and our chapter couldn't be more proud to have two of our members not only participate but also leave the pageant as accomplished top ten finalists! 



Recent alumni and former chapter President Courtney Sexton shared her experience as a first-time Miss Contestant as an incredible honor and a wonderful opportunity to make lifelong friends with such a unique group of helpful, loving, and positive women. 






"A few of the highlights from my week at Miss Florida were: dancing to Shea Sullivan’s (an award winning choreographer) choreography in Opening Number; meeting the current Miss America Kira Kazantsev; hearing personal stories from past Miss Florida’s about their time with the crown; walking on stage in evening gown with my Sunshine Princess, Annabeth; making friendships with women backstage that will last a lifetime; hearing the roar of my family and friends from the audience every time I stepped on stage; receiving awards for Preliminary Swimsuit and Quality of Character; and placing Third Runner Up Overall."


When asked of her most memorable moment at the pageant, Courtney shared her story of a time right before her performance where she was reminded of her late little diamond sister, Kaliegh Ottis, who tragically passed away last Summer in a car accident. 

"As I was running my dance routine in my head, a woman came up to me and introduced herself. We exchanged pleasantries, and she told me that she had been watching me perform throughout the week. She explained that she had seen a “special sparkle” in me each time I walked on stage and that she wanted me to “continue to let this sparkle shine tonight in my talent.” In that moment, I was overwhelmed with joy and remembrance of Kaliegh, knowing that she would have loved to be a part of this journey. I truly believe it was Kaliegh’s presence in my heart that allowed me to sparkle on the Miss Florida stage, and I will be forever grateful for the kind words of encouragement I received from a complete stranger, who had no idea how much the word SPARKLE meant to me. I hope that sparkle continues to shine."
Photo: Courtney and Kaliegh on Bid Day, 2012. 

"Although I didn’t walk away with the crown, I am incredibly grateful to have been a part of such an astounding organization and honored tradition. The Miss Florida organization empowers women to set goals and reach their highest potential. The confidence, knowledge, and skill I have learned competing this year in the Miss Florida pageant will continue to benefit my life and aid me in reaching my future goals. The new Miss Florida has an extraordinary journey ahead, and I wish her the best of luck. I will be cheering for you MK! Bring that crown home to Florida!
Thank you to everyone who supported me and followed in my journey. Especially to my ADPi sisters, your continuous love and encouragement was truly felt throughout the week, and it reminded me of the lifelong sisterhood we share."

AC 14 Sister Sydney Jalali also had an incredible first experience competing in Miss Florida. Here she is with some fellow ADPi sisters from around the US! 



"Miss Florida 2015 was the most incredible experience. A week full of early morning rehearsals, countless meetings, and preliminary competitions all culminate into a single competition: Finals Night. During finals, based on the combination of scores from the preliminary competitions, the 10 contestants with the highest scores are announced. Needless to say, the highlight of my entire week was hearing my name announced first into that top 10. Another highlight? Hearing Zeta Omega friend and sister, Courtney Sexton, announced as well! After a very exciting and successful night, the new Miss Florida was crowned, and I could not be prouder. Another Miss Florida week is in the books, and I am walking away with an academic scholarship, life experience and gratitude for the supportive friends and family that surround me. Similar to a sorority, through the crazy stressful times, and times of joyful celebration, I gained 46 new sisters. "


We are so proud of these two for everything they have accomplished! Below is a photo of the Top Ten Finalists for 2015, way to go, ladies! 


Comments

Popular Posts