Sisterhood Week

It’s difficult to begin to describe the feelings that accompany being an Alpha Delta Pi. Personally, I feel nostalgic, bliss, love, silly, support and most importantly, Sisterhood. “What? How does one feel sisterhood?” you ask. I understand how outrageous it may sound to feel a noun. But Sisterhood is a relationship that is felt, and it is alive. This past week at Alpha Delta Pi at the University of Central Florida was Sisterhood Week. A week set aside to celebrate a bond that only a few get to experience. However, in my opinion, a week is far too short to celebrate all the wonderful accomplishments and feelings that are directly correlated with the sisterhood within Alpha Delta Pi.

It’s easy to fall in love with Alpha Delta Pi from day one. No sister can forget that euphoric feeling of running home on bid day to a group of women you adored for an entire week (or longer!).You’re welcomed with open arms to a sisterhood of women you don’t know; however, in some magical way you feel at home.

Alpha Delta Pi is the greatest support system I could have ever dreamed of. These women are my true role models, my source of entertainment and always a source of encouragement. No, a week isn’t long enough to recognize an endless supply of encouraging notes left on your desk
during exam days, the endless amounts of career advice from older sisters, the nights spent breathless from laughing on the ADPi couch, or the genuine love you never felt from a high school friend. My sisters are without a doubt the most remarkable group of women who encourage me to be exactly who I am. They encourage me to be involved, to make a difference, and most importantly, be the best version of myself.

I am constantly amazed to see what my sisters do for themselves, for the community and fortunately enough, for me. A week isn’t nearly enough; 365 days aren’t even enough to rejoice in what a gift Alpha Delta Pi’s sisterhood is. Happy Sisterhood Week Zeta Omega! We live for each other! <>


Comments

Popular Posts