Goodbye Spirit Week, Hello Formal Recruitment!


A Letter From Our President:

Hey Hey, I Wanna Go ADPi … Hey Hey, Baby That Ain’t No Lie ...
As Spirit Week comes to a close, all the sisters at ADPi are incredibly excited for the start of recruitment and to meet all the amazing Potential New Members! Spirit Week is the week before formal recruitment, when we focus on why we joined ADPi, as well as the foundation of our sisterhood and its values. For many, this the first time we have seen each other all summer, and I know I was so excited to catch up and surround myself with some of my closest friends – women I call my family.

This is such a wonderful time for us to share and come together; to really make our sisterhood the strongest it can be. Throughout the week, we’ve enjoyed many different events, from a sisterhood trip to the movies to dressing up every day in a different theme, we’ve had so much bonding and celebrating the true meaning of our sorority.





Spirit Week is also a time to reflect on the values of ADPi, as well as the reasons we went through recruitment and joined Alpha Delta Pi. As the first sorority for women, ADPi was founded on the highest ideals, with a focus on scholarship, philanthropy, leadership, being a well-balanced person, strength of character, faith and loyalty.

Next week the real show starts! We finally get to meet all the wonderful ladies who we can not wait to call our new members – our new Alphas. I came home to ADPi three years ago, and I still remember the excitement and anticipation of recruitment and Bid Day. Yes, it can be overwhelming at times, but running home to a sister – your new sister – with open arms, makes the entire crazy, hot, long week completely worth it. I knew on Bid Day, as I was running down Greek Row, I was running to my sweet home ADPi.

Good luck to all the amazing women participating in formal recruitment! I promise this is the start of an incredible journey that will truly make your years at UCF the best of your life!
Pi love and all mine,
Courtney Sexton, President | Zeta Omega Chapter, Alpha Delta Pi

Comments

Popular Posts