Sister Lyndsey Kay Chosen as a New Alpha Delta Pi Leadership Consultant

           "This coming year, I have the incredible opportunity to serve Alpha Delta Pi as a Leadership Consultant. I didn’t even know this position existed until my sophomore year when an LC visited Zeta Omega for the first time since I joined, but she had a lasting impact on my ADPi experience and it has been a dream of mine ever since. This past summer, I served as an Executive Office Intern at Alpha Delta Pi’s Memorial Headquarters in Atlanta, GA and that experience gave me an entirely new perspective on our amazing sorority. I saw ADPi not only as a sisterhood, but also as an organization that requires so much passion, hard work, and dedication from its members each and every day to run the 153 currently active chapters. I knew that I wanted to be a part of this and use my passion to contribute to the growth and success of an organization that has contributed so much to my growth and success as a person."

 "The process to become a Leadership Consultant was a long one. I went through multiple rounds of interviews with various members of Executive Office staff and Grand Council, but in the end it was all worth it. Myself and 11 other sisters from chapters all over the country, in addition to a current LC signing on for an extra year, will make up the class of 2015-2016 Leadership Consultants, or as many will call us, the Sisters of the Suitcases. After extensive training at Executive Office this summer, we will embark on our journeys. I will live out of a suitcase for months at a time and call many new cities home for days, weeks, or even months as I visit college campuses and assist ADPi chapters with various activities such as recruitment, initiation, and perhaps even colonization. This is not a typical 9-5 job, but rather a 24/7 responsibility to represent ADPi in the best way possible and serve as a role model for all the women I’ll meet. I’m so excited to make new friendships and hope to have a positive impact on every chapter I visit, even if it’s just inspiring a young collegian to pursue her passions the way many women have done for me. I will leave a little piece of my heart at every chapter I visit, and know that I will learn as much from their love and hospitality as they will learn from me. As I take on this exciting and challenging new role in ADPi, I will always remember that “leadership requires confidence tempered with humility and courage blended with tolerance” and am confident I will gain a new appreciation for our open motto 'We Live For Each Other'."


We are so proud of you here at Zeta Omega, Lyndsey! We know you will go on to do great things.



Comments

Popular Posts